The National Alliance of Victims' Rights Attorneys (NAVRA) is a membership alliance of attorneys and advocates committed to the protection, enforcement, and advancement of crime victims' rights nationwide. NAVRA is a project of the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI), a nonprofit research and educational organization that actively promotes balance and fairness in the justice system through crime victim centered legal advocacy, education, and resource sharing. To learn more about NCVLI, please visit www.ncvli.org.
Through increased communication and coordination of attorneys and advocates working in victim law, NAVRA hopes to increase the availability of expert services for crime victims. Membership is open to attorneys, non-attorney victim advocates, crime victims, law students, and any individual interested in legal developments that affect crime victims.
What can Basic NAVRA Membership do for you?
The Basic Membership option provides updates on important events in the victims' rights movement and announcements of NAVRA and NCVLI events through participation on the NAVRA listserv. Other benefits of Basic Membership include:
- MEMBERS-ONLY WEBSITE ACCESS. This website is designed to keep NAVRA’s members on the cutting edge of victim law.
- NAVRA LIST-SERV. Communications from the NAVRA list-serv featuring updates on:
- NCVLI/NAVRA events,
- NCVLI publications exclusive to NAVRA members including the Crime Victim Law Update, NCVLI’s quarterly publication summarizing recent court decisions affecting victims’ rights and timely New & Noteworthy Court Opinions, and
- Pro bono representation opportunities.
- ONLINE FORUM. NAVRA’s forum is a place for members to exchange ideas and share knowledge about crime victims’ rights.
- NAVRA MEMBER DIRECTORY. A directory of NAVRA members meant to facilitate networking and information-sharing.
- WEBINARS. Access to regular webinar trainings on a variety of victims’ rights topics exclusively for NAVRA members.
Take Full Advantage of NAVRA’s Resources with Enhanced NAVRA Membership!
In addition to the above benefits, Enhanced Membership provides additional access to the following resources:
LIMITED TIME OFFER: $50 DISCOUNT ON SELECT IN-PERSON TRAININGS FOR THE 2012 NCVLI/NAVRA TRAINING SERIES!
- AMICUS BRIEFS. A database of amicus curiae (friend of the court) briefs authored by NCVLI and others, submitted to state and federal courts nationwide, fully searchable by topic, jurisdiction, and year.
- CASE SUMMARIES. A database of summarized judicial opinions from across the country touching on victims' rights, authored by NCVLI staff attorneys to highlight the victims' rights issues at stake, fully searchable by topic, jurisdiction, and year.
- SAMPLE PLEADINGS. A database of sample pleadings touching on victims' rights, submitted to state and federal courts nationwide, fully searchable by topic, jurisdiction, and year. Pleadings are submitted by NCVLI attorneys and victims' rights attorneys across the country.
- TRAININGS. A database of past webinar trainings and NCVLI's Crime Victim Law Conference sessions, and new interactive web-based trainings (all of which are CLE-eligible) focusing on beginning and advanced levels of rights advocacy. (Cost of admission to no-cost members of NAVRA varies.)
- Discounted tuition for NCVLI’s Crime Victim Law Conference. NAVRA members with Enhanced membership qualify for discounted tuition to attend NCVLI’s annual 2-day Crime Victim Law Conference. The Conference promotes enforcement of victims’ rights by helping attorneys and advocates develop skills to effectively assist victims in the criminal justice system.